A two-box solution would look neat. Certainly a technological Tour de
Force for Elecraft.

But the STAR really is a STEREO device. I never use it without SFX
turned on. You DO turn your SFX on, don't you? I have a homebrew 2x20W
amp and two bookshelf speakers that I use with the K3. So would there be
a matching separate speaker cabinet made available?

I run my station  off a bank of 2V wetcells  in series, the kind that
provide backup power in a telephone company substation, with a 20A
"smart charger". I'd have no use for the power supply. So my P3, IF it
was offered in the configuration of no audio amp, speaker or power
supply would be largely empty.

I'm not stupid, I REALIZE "that's your problem/choice". But keep in mind
that power supplies, audio amps, and speakers approach being
commodities, as well as being specialties of their own. And although my
batteries are a little odd, there are obviously folks who are running
their K3 off an old Astron supply and dreaming of the day they have
enough bucks to order the second receiver. And have their own
speakers...maybe shared with other rigs. Packing everything into one
"accessory" box violates some of the traditional modularity and
expandability of the K3 and create an accessory that tends to exclude
those who don't have money to burn?

Bill - W7AAZ