I have the Acom 1000 and use it with the K3/100 (#250)...full QSK, no
problems at all with keying,(up to 44wpm) etc. I got it in 2004. I have
made over 15000 Qs with many of these Qs during contest operations,
phone, cw and rtty. I do crank it back to 500w out when running rtty so
as to run a little cooler. If you like computer controlled amps, this is
a remarkable little amp, very quiet and puts out about 600w or so. It is
NOT a 1000w amp...the specs on the tube the 4CX800 say plate dissipation
is 800w...plug in typical efficiency and that will put it down around
600wto 680w....My LP-100 shows 800w peak and my Bird shows around
600-650w (key dwn) output into Steppir 3 ele yagi. Not sure that anyone
could tell the difference over the air if power was 1000w or 600w.
Not sure about the marketing of the amp now...did Array Solutions or DX
Eng pick up the line in the US?
A recent email to K6ND (US rep) garnered a response from a technician in
LZ land.
All in all, I like the amp and would recommend one to someone in the US
or EU.
73
Tom
CX7TT