As a CW operator, I can state very matter of fact, the old NR was exactly what
I needed to operate code at my QTH, AND the biggest reason that I chose to buy
the K3 over another larger radio. Unlike others that don't seem to think the NR
ever did anything, I can emphatically tell you that with the NR on (perhaps
2-3) I was previously able to take an S7 noise floor on 30meters down to what
would appear to sound like an S1.  All while still hearing the CW, both weak
and strong as clear as day.

For those that say they don't need the NR because they use very narrow filters.
 I can say this.  When I have my filter narrowed down to 150Hz or lower, when I
turn on the NR (in pre v3.25, or now at setting 4-4) it STILL has a big impact
at removing any extra noise that was being amplified by the narrowness of the
filter.  Furthermore, when working with the IIR filter on at 50Hz, I found that
when turning on the NR (pre v3.25, or now at setting 4-4) that any ringing
sounds from excessive band noise are completely removed.

Perhaps I have a more noisy area than others on this reflector, but I can
honestly say that I was perfectly content with the old NR for CW, and enjoy the
new NR settings for SSB.  Perhaps a combination of the two NR algorithms is
what we need.  Maybe X-1 and X-2 can be the old settings, and X-3 and X-4 the
new? OR better yet, one set of algorithms for SSB and the older one for CW.
Surely 1-1 was light enough filtering for those that didn't like so much gating
and signal loss.

As with Art, If I can't have the aggressive Noise Reduction back, than perhaps
some kind of APF (audio peak filter) would be nice as well. Perhaps then I
would be able to hear the weak CW sigs through the loud noise floor.

N6MQL