I appreciate the helpful responses. My objective was to hear the audio output
of the PSK31 signal from the K2. That appears to be impossible and probably
unnecessary provided the ALC reading is correct. I believe my ALC was a bit
high, and after lowering it to just above one bar on the meter I am able to
work DX stations throughout Europe and into Latin America with 5 watts using
a decent vertical. I don't need the IMD meter but will keep the
recommendations on file. QRP is a real challenge with PSK31; otherwise I
think I would use E-Mail. Nice that there is something in this hobby for
everyone.