My Kenwood front loader which is about 12' from my rigs is RF quiet.
N2TK, Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Rasmussen
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:59 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] OT: Maytag Bravos RFI

The wife gave me the green light to replace our Whirlpool Duet washing
machine, aside from the terrible interference it put on HF, she was not
happy with the rinse cycle, it was leaving soap in our cloths -and- they
were not getting clean.

My decision, to abandon high efficiency front load and go back to tried and
true conventional top load washer that has no computer/switcher power supply
to hash me.

Two days ago I bought a top loader, a Maytag Bravos from Fry's at $699
marked down $200. Should be a good one right? Nope, S5 interference across
17m and 20m every 15 khz. Seems they are now putting front load technology
(computer/switcher) in top load washers. The clue is if the washer will only
accept HD detergent.

So that's two 1K retail machines that I cannot use.

Fry's to their credit, hauled off the Bravos washer and brought in an LG I
had selected. I had avoided the Korean alternative wanting to buy US,
however the salesman said it was their best line.

It is clearly a better quality unit, and even though it is a front loader
with all the features, it is RF quiet. Hallalujah.

The new washer is an LG WM0642H.

I pray to the heavens that it cleans the cloths. ;-)