There in lies the problem, in CW I keep my CWT and text reader on, therefore
blocking the freq. of VFO B.   I was learned well into remembering when that
split was on after I accidently moved up band to call CQ after working a
Dxpedtion 1.5Khz away from his transmit freq. and forgot that the split was
still on... 10 minutes of CQing later, and with egg on my face, I realized what
I was doing, and quickly turned off the rig in shame.

I wouldn't normally admit to this, but if it helps others, then I'm all for
it...

If the display on the VFO A had changed according to the transmit freq. I would
have known what I was doing. Mind you, I'll never forget again, that I can tell
you.  But to save face for others, I would suggest the Disply change..

Oh yes, one other thing,  I tend to keep my RIT on, and at any point it can be
off by .001 so, you never know if you're in split, or just have the RIT moved
off center a bit.   You get the idea.

Thanks