I will probably use the KDVR3 with N1MM for Sweepstakes this year, as
I'll be a guest operator at another station (with real antennas), and
will be taking my own laptop. The built-in audio on the laptop is
garbage (when the gain is cranked up high enough for a Heil HC4 as
input, it has all sorts of nasty noises in it), and none of the USB
audio devices that I have seem to do duplex audio in the way I need
for N1MM software voice keying....

I do use N1MM software voice keying for other contests, including SO2R
SSB. It works well most of the time, with a decent sound card. For a
simple single-operator contester who just wants to have a convenient
recorded CQ and maybe exchange, the KDVR3 method can be easier than
messing around with Windows audio, and there's less to go wrong...

    ~Iain / N6ML