I am putting my K3 back together after having to replace the original
P67B connectors with gold pins after rtty contest smoked the pins last
month. Tnx to Gary S for working with me long distance to figure out the
problem. My K3 , #250 had plated pins vs the newer gold pins...this is a
factory assembled K3 so I was very leery of diving into the guts of the
rig. thankfully Gary walked me thru it and now the final step of putting
lids back on, etc, I am hooking up the fans. I dont remember which goes
to which, or if it even matters...a short lead, red/blue seems to fit
the outboard pins and the longer lead, black/red seem to fit the inboard
male connectors. Before I give it the smoke test, do I need to correct this?
Finally, on the power leads to the 20A fuse...I have outmost going to
top connector and innermost going to bottom connector of circuit
breaker. Not sure if it makes a difference but at this point, just b4
ssb contest, dont want to make bonehead mistake.
Tnx and CU in test
Tom
CX7TT