I just noticed my K2 has a problem with the AF Gain control. It
is "scratchy" in the area where I use it most. I see that the RIT control
(rarely used) also has some linearity issues. The rig is about three years
old. I do not use it on a daily basis, but I do use it in contests , where
it gets stressed pretty well.

I must either clean or replace the AF Gain control ASAP, and I see it will
be rather hard to get at. Can anyone tell me if these controls can be
accessed to clean them, or should I just order replacement parts? It would
help to know before I tear the rig apart.

Thanks and 73,

Tom, KG3V