I am not a K3 owner but I plan to be sometime soon.  I am still in my research
stage where I want to learn as much as I can about the K3 before I buy.  I do
have a couple of questions...

1.  Are there options that I would be foolish not to get right up front?  My
plan is to at least get the 100 watt option and I am seriously considering the
ATU.

2.  Are there any custom ICs or other esoteric parts on the K3 that might limit
its ultimate future repair life?  I have already had an old Icom 756 be judged
passed repair do to the in-availability of a few needed ICs.

3.  Is the kit difficult to put together?  I have done a few easier kits, such
as the Norcal40A and a few other small things of easier effort.

Thanks,
73, phil
K7PEH