I don't think writing the drivers is a herculean task but then I used to do
that back when drivers did everything (such as mag tape equipment from the
1960s era where microprocessors did not exist and everything was controlled by
the software interrupt level driver).

Chip level drivers and USB interfaces are available.  In fact, I have USB for
my PIC microprocessor projects and this stuff is all off the shelf (sort of).

I do not know much about the "noise" aspect of USB though -- I presume you are
referring to the USB 2.0 signaling speed and the noise generated.

Phil, K7PEH