Whilst I like the "appearance" of the FTdx5000MP, the size is too big for me. I
run out my Motorhome now and so size matters.

I would like to have a 200W PA (aka TS-480HX) and I wish that a kit was
available to add a 200 to 400W amp but I will wait for Aptos to breathe some
life into their amplifier project.

The "looks" of the Yaesu is nice, but as somebody pointed out, looks alone will
not make it a success. Sherwood Labs and the ARRL tests will likely identify
shortcomings that will no doubt be there as engineering gives way to sales
wanting as low a cost as possible whilst giving a return on investment.

If Elecraft made a K4 with all the features in a single box, I would most
likely not be able to use it. A modular approach works for me whereas many of
us would prefer the big box approach.

I read the post regarding filtering in the Yaesu and saw the mention of narrow
filters but no mention of where they would be getting them and just how good
will they be?

Given their past track record, I suspect some smoke and mirrors may be used but
testing will likely find that info out.

I sure hope we don't get a rash of postings wanting FTdx-5000MP knobs fitted to
the K3....(:-((

Now Aptos, what goodies are due out soon that we DON'T already know
about?...(:-))

Gary
VK4WT/P
Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra