I wonder if any body has recently done market research on the numbers of HF and
6M owners worldwide and how $any of those have purchased a brand new Elite
class radio in the last 3 years?

If I check my log from recent times I am seeing a large number of IC-7800's but
very few FT5x-9000's...has anyone noticed this?

I recently had a conversation with Vertex Standard in Australia and they claim
less than 15 imported into VK...Icom claim 20 plus 7800's....

If these numbers hold true worldwide, small wonder yaesu have opted to go up
against the K3.

They have lost a large chunk of their prestige in the portable and Dxpedition
market as more and more K3's appear to be the rig of choice...interesting!

73's
Gary
Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra