Mike,

Since you are using phones, do not overlook the possibility of RF
Feedback.  If the problem goes away when driving a dummy load (or using
TX TEST) but is present feeding an antenna, RF feedback is the first
thing to be suspicious of.  The normal best cure for RF Feedback is in
the antenna system rather than trying to put ferrites on everything in
the shack.

73,
Don W3FPR