Dears,
Even for me,  my K3 has been ordered on 27, Oct. 09 and be on my hands in Dubai
on 10, Nov 2009.

Very sorry to learn such a problem.
May be elecraft will  provide an full knobs set in the order list for
replacment in the future... who can be helpful in case of breaking one of them
during transport for field day or dxpedition ?

Bst 73's
Philippe A65BI
K3#3616

>>> "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <m0...@alphadene.co.uk> 03-12-2009 14:42 >>>
Knobs here are ok, as with Julian, I too built my K3 and was careful
about the fitting.
0.050 Allen key came with knobs in kit, so Elecraft should be able to
supply one to you.

There are over 3000 K3s out there now and relatively very few have
reported a problem with the knobs. I believe Elecraft reported an
issue with the knobs on this reflector some weeks ago and said this
had been addressed. Perhaps you unfortunately had knobs from a bad
batch - twice!

Delivery from Elecraft to UK for small parts has typically been 2 - 3
weeks here. Very surprised it's taken longer for you.

Sorry your experience has not been of the highest quality, I
personally have found their service to be excellent, a number of my
club friends have also found this, which is one of the reasons I
purchased my K3.

Mode components in the UK (http://www.modecomponents.co.uk/Kits.htm)
are now selling small Elecraft kits into Europe. Perhaps they could
carry a few spares and therefore delivery might be faster.

73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
There are three truths: my truth, your truth, and the truth.
-Chinese proverb