Hello Lee,
       I use Ethernet to Serial converter in home. it works. But still have
several problem:
1, DTR RTS always HIGH, so I can't use  it control CW/PTT --- maybe I should
try another model.
2, You can use LP-bridge to share that com port, if your program all on one
computer. --- But I want to put some program on desktop computer, others on
my laptop.
3, Ethernet to Serial converter can work on socket mode(TCP or UDP), on this
mode it can accept up to 6 client at same time, but we need more ham
application program support to use TCP/IP (not the com port).

any way, I can use wireless network to control my K3 even I am on bed. :)

73 de ba4rf, Dave