John in the K3 Utility Help file it explains what to do, it's under
troubleshooting - Force K3 into firmware load required mode

Hope that fixes the problem...

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80 (f/w 3.68)
-----------------------------

I attempted to update my K3 to version 3.68 and now my K3 no longer works.

It was working fine. I updated to version 3.67 yesterday. I tuned the
radio on just now. It was working fine. I downloaded and extracted
version 3.68. I opened the K3 Utility. The utility read the K3's
firmware and saw that the 3.67 MCU file was newer. I clicked on "Send
all new firmware to K3".

The K3 screen said something like MD D. The utility said something like
D didn't echo, remove power. I couldn't turn the K3 off, so I removed
power. I reconnected power and turned on the K3. Now the red TX led
flashes slowly and I can't turn off the K3 without removing power.

Now what???

73 de K1ESE
John