Perhaps the solution is to make it possible to obtain information
about the state of things that an operator might want to change
without having to open a menu?

Barry asked for some specific information to be displayed on-screen.
He was not even requesting the ability to change those items from the
computer. Perhaps there could be an "extra information" command that
reported the current state of various settings that are not displayed
on the K3 screen but which an operator can readily change and would
want to check on? I'm not sure why he wanted to see AGC configuration
settings as I would not consider those to be something that is
normally changed during operation. Many operators probably never
change those settings.

--
Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com