> 1)  External ground that automatically puts the K3 into a low
> power CW tune mode.  This is normally a command from an external
> auto-tuner that comes after an amplifier.

Agreed, with a configurable power level.  This would provide
compatibility with the Yaesu Quadra "TF" function.

Also a digital pulse output with the ATU Tune tap if the KAT3 is
not installed or not enabled.  This would allow triggering the
tune function in external auto-tuners (e.g., Icom AH-3 and AH-4).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV