Well, I ended up ordering the DSP upgrade board today, plus a few other
items.  Everything came to a little under 200 dollars including shipping.
Here's what I ordered:

BNC-MM      $6.95       1     Male-Male BNC
K3DSPUPGD   $89.95      1     K3 DSP Upgr. Swap
K3IOBUFFKT  $5.00       1     K3 I/O Output Buffer Kit
XG2         $79.95      1     3 Band 1-uV and 50-uV Rcv. Te

I figured the XG2 would be a good thing to have around as well.  I can
finally get around to properly calibrating my s-meter.
Slightly OT question though; you know the 1 wire mod that's used to protect
the front end?  Where can I buy the type of wire required?  I think it's
Kynar... whatever it is, its insulated, solid-conductor wire that's around
22 guage.  When I performed this mod several months ago, I had a few of
those small, pre-cut and pre-tinned solid conductor wires included in
breadboard electronic kits, and I used one that was the right length.  I
like to buy a spool of this stuff though for a few more breadboard projects
I'm working on.

Mni tnx es vy 73,
James K2QI