From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Julian, G4ILO
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:50 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3: LPF, bass audio, new DSP board: Stirring the
pot?

K2QI wrote:

> This is the problem I've experienced, and why I think my receiver is
> "noisy."  I can hear a high frequency whine or tone that only gets worse
> if
> I adjust the receive EQ to enhance voice intelligibility.  This can
> make working weak signals fatiguing.  I should probably just cough up the
> money and swap out DSP boards for a new one with an LPF installed.
> However,
> I'm not too thrilled about the unannounced price increase from 69 to 89
> dollars.  Had I known, I would have ordered one earlier.

I suspect that the price increase reflected the addition of the LPF board,
and the short window of opportunity for purchasing the DSP+LPF at the old
price was the time it took for Elecraft to realise they would be losing
money on the deal. The $69 was really just for the Rev. C board swap without
the LPF. I don't know if anyone actually got one of those, or whether
Elecraft delayed fulfilling the orders until the LPF was ready and decided
not to ask those who had already paid fro an extra $20.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html