On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:56:26 -0600, Grant Youngman <n...@tx.rr.com>
wrote:

>I suppose it would save you the price of a bug or a set of paddles (or at a
>minimum, the cost of a 555 chip and a few discrete components), but I'm also
>sure the new owner of Vibroplex (Scott, W4PA) would appreciate the business.
>Even if you're not a CW op, you need a bug, just to call the computer ...  um,
>excuse me ... radio ... room a "hamshack".  Even if you only treat the bug
>like any other "decorative" accessory for photo ops and similar events ... you
>know, the unterminated cable end is snaked behind a radio and looks real ...
>Don't ask me how I know this :-)
>
>Grant/NQ5T
>

>> I think adding the option in firmware would benefit those who don't own
>> paddles or aren't CW ops.

[snip]

I think you guys are all wet.

I've been listening to the phone bands lately for fun, and I thought
you tuned an SSB amp by whistling into it, or saying a really slow and
loud, "HELLO", or saying slowly and loudly, "HELLO RADIO" into the
microphone.  I think identifying your station is optional.

I guess I've been on CW too long ;o)

Happy New Year, and good luck to you and you families in the coming
year...

Tom, N5GE

n...@n5ge.com
K3 #806 with SUB RX, K3 #1055, PR6,