Hi Julian

>Been there, done that, etc. I think practically every socket on the back of
>my K3 has something plugged into it.
>
>But either I'm overlooking something, or you don't need to make up a special
>connector. You can buy little adapters that have one 3.5mm stereo jack
>output and two 3.5mm stereo sockets for input. I think they are made to
>allow two people to listen simultaneously to an MP3 player.

Agreed... BUT... how many of them ISOLATE the RING so it doesn't
short out when
a mono plug is plugged into the STEREO jack?  THAT is what I was trying to
avoid as much as providing two individual connections... with what I have, you
can plug in either a stereo plug (connected to a SINGLE spkr), or a mono plug
(connected to a single spkr) and still not have to worry about the long mono
sleeve shorting out the RING on the K3's input.

The TIP & GND of the K3 PLUG connects to the LEFT spkr, and the RING & GND
connect to the RIGHT spkr. But the RINGs on BOTH of the INPUT jacks are not
connected to anything.

73,

Tom