Sounds like Tokyo Hy-Power in reverse.  I now get to pay dealer markup and
sales tax so my L4-B will stay in service.

--- On Mon, 1/4/10, Tom Meier <tomk...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Tom Meier <tomk...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Elecraft] Disgrunteled Japanese
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 9:30 AM

Was talking with a JA operator yesterday who said that Elecraft is getting a
very bad name in that country - not for their product, but because of a
business decision to have everything go through an exclusive dealer for both
sales and service.  The problem (according to this operator) is that the
exclusive dealer is jacking the price up by up to 50%.  Yes, it is true that
they can buy the product directly from Elecraft, but doing so puts you
without access to any tech support.

Don't know if this is the isolated case of a guy who doesn't have his facts
straight and likes to spread rumors.  We've got a few of them in this
country also.  But thought I'd pass this along.

73 de Tom (K7ZZ)