know this topic is closed but I would like to point out, I buy stuff
from japan all the time for martial arts (kendo) It is cheaper for me
in the USA to buy stuff from japan than it is for a Japanese person in
japan (significantly so, sometimes as much as 50% cheaper) because I
dont have to pay their equivalent of VAT. It is all relative.

Matt
W8ESE