Stan and Company,
   Your points are well made Stan.   I have inadvertently raised stink on
the TenTec site questioning whether the development of this fine radio was
now over.  There has not been an upgrade now for over a year.   I made the
mistake of comparing the performance of Elecraft and TenTec and some of my
fellow OII users took real exception that such a comparison should be
voiced.   Still this is one way progress is achieved.   See what the other
guy is doing and try to do better.   Neither the K3 nor OII are perfect but
they are both very good radios.   If you compare the input of the users,
designers and owners to the reflector then no one beats Elecraft.

    I would like a larger K3 but then again the small size and light weight
of the K3 makes it possible to ship with relative ease from factory to
overseas users.   The kit approach is great in that it familiarizes us with
the radio and allows one to more easily make hardware modifications.   It
also reduces import duty and cost.

     I have questioned before if a remote pad similar to the one sold by
TenTec would make the radio more user friendly for some.   If you are not
using a logging program tied into the radio then punching the memory buttons
is a pain for contest operation.   I am now finding that I like the remote
tuning knob on the OII pad in that one can set the radio back perhaps at an
elevated position and easily tune.   I believe there has even been some
mention from the mother ship that such a pod is being considered.

     These days I am using the OII for a while waiting receipt of my DSP up
grade board.   This will not ship to me for another two weeks and it appears
the ship date will be five weeks post my order so be prepared for a wait if
you order this board.  My plan is to finish off all upgrades and then
install the second rx and antenna tuner purchased this past summer.   I must
learn to work faster.

       Guys lets not be too critical of those who criticize the K3 but be
gentle.   I hope Erich and Wayne are a long way from retirement as we will
be fortunate to see their like again.

               73 Doug EI2CN