Conway,

Use a hot soldering iron - 800 deg F - to heat the crystal cases
quickly.  Use a flat bladed screwdriver to form the ground leads up
against the crystal case.  Then apply the soldering iron (out a bit of
solder on the iron tip to aid heat transfer).  Hold the solder on the
crystal can a bit away from the soldering iron tip, and as soon as the
solder begins to melt, move the end of the solder over to the crystal
case, soldering iron, ground wire junction - that adds a bit of flux to
the combination.  Remove the heat and observe a nice smooth solder
connection.

Important is to form the wire into contact with the crystal case before
beginning the process - then adding the extra flux when the solder
begins to flow.

73,
Don W3FPR