Conway,

There is space to solder them.  Solder at about the height of the top of
the RPaks, and clip the leads off just above that point so the KSB2
option will fit.  Hole the soldering iron tip so that is lots of contact
with the crystal case to maximize the heat transfer.

The solder does not have to be *exactly* at the base of the crystals -
just as far down toward the base as is practical.

73,
Don W3FPR