> In my view, if it has to be one or the other, I would choose
> "pre" audio, ie with no discernable delays.

If it has to be one or the other, I would strongly argue for
"no change."  One of the most important uses for monitor is
to actually monitor the quality of one's own transmission.
That simply can't happen if the monitor is a copy of audio
from the mic preamp without any other processing applied by
the transceiver.

The delays in the K3 are not long enough provide any significant
operational issue.  Any slight slowing of speech rate is welcome
with some of the "machine gun" operators.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV