> Are you basing this on actual observations, or on frequency
> range numbers on a datasheet?

Based on posted spectral displays the CM-500 appears to have
somewhat extended low frequency response with a slightly
falling characteristic where the HC5 has a slight rising
characteristic (about 3dB/octave) and the HC4 has a more
strongly rising characteristic (about 5dB/octave) with a
sharper low frequency roll-off.

> All I'm doing with mine is cutting the bottom two octave
> bands to minimize breath pops, and I would do that with
> ANY mic.

Killing both the 50 and 100 Hz bands is a given with nearly
any mic due to the proximity effect (bass boost) when they
are "close talked" as they are in a headset.  However, given
what I've seen of the CM-500, I would be tempted to start
with a +6 at 1.60, +10 at 2.4 and +10 at 3.2 (6 dB/octave
from 1000-2400 with a shelving response above that).  I will
know for sure when mine arrives later in the week.  BTW, I
also like to drop 800 Hz by 6-10dB to reduce noise in the
interformat gap.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV