Have you heard what most people sound like sending with a straight key?
CW decoding algorithm's are available which do a pretty good job on
keyer or computer sent CW, given the local QRM/N. The code being sent by
machine is perfectly spaced and the elements are the right duration.

They're terrible at decoding manually sent morse.
The tell tale "swing" we hear and recognize as CW sent with a bug makes
the algorithm's choke trying to guess what was sent. Straight key is
even worse as both elements are manually generated, and unless being
sent by someone with 50 years experience with the key aren't close to
good timing and spacing.

Aren't there more important things to do with the valuable firmware
memory than to turn the K3 into an expensive code practice oscillator?

--
R. Kevin Stover

ACØH