To all,

Let's stay cool on the speculation here for a while until more facts are
available.  Eric is in Orlando, and I am certain when he returns, there
will be information on the Elecraft website about the P3, and maybe even
the price.  Wait until at least Wednesday so Eric can clear his email
overload on Monday and Tuesday!

The cost of the P3 will be what it can be.  Elecraft must figure out how
is allocated to the R & D budget, how much for productions costs, etc.
Eric and Wayne will make that cost as low as practical - IMHO, there is
no sense in us speculating on how much it should be.
In the end, we each will have to make our decisions based on our own
perceived value-added for our operating experience.

I for one will not likely buy the P3, maybe later, but definitely not at
this time.  I do not have need nor desire for a standalone panoramic
display.  Yes, I am working on a Z10000/Softrock solution to add that
function to my K3.  I do not mind having a computer up and running while
I am hamming - that is a normal state of affairs for me.  I will wait
and see how my homebrew LP-PAN works out for me - I foresee benefit when
I run digital modes, but just how much remains to be seen - I may or may
not like it.

The bottom line is - All this haggling about what the top price should
be - well, that is your individual clip point - it will not be the same
for everyone.  Some will buy it at any cost, just because it is Elecraft
and matches the K3, and on the other end of the scale, there are those
who must weigh the benefit for their operation against the actual cost
and make a decision about the P3 or some other alternative.  I for one
do not take my K3 along on trips or DXpeditions (I take my QRP K2), but
I can see benefit for the standalone P3 for those who do want to take
that sort of package with them.  In the end, each will have to weight
the advantages and disadvantages against their ham budget and operating
desires, then reach a conclusion.  Too much pre-mature and speculative
posting on this subject has already transpired in my opinion. but have
at it, my delete key is now working.

73,
Don W3FPR