I recently purchased a 35 amp Astron power supply at a hamfest (in great
condition).  Upon inspection, I found that the crowbar SCR had failed, and had
been removed.

Although I've replaced the SCR, I'm wondering if the K3 has overvoltage
protection of some kind?

As an aside, I would like to test the crowbar circuit in the Astron, but with
that big capacitor in there, I'm kind of hesitant.  That big capacitor would
have to discharge before the primary fuse would blow (maybe blowing the
SCR)--right?  I'm thinking of putting a 25 amp fuse in series with the
capacitor.  Anyone address this before?

Thanks,
Dan - W4TQ