I am not sure how to describe this but I will do the best I can.  When
listening to a single CW station I detect a slight tone frequency change
from the sending station.  It almost sounds like some other very close by
(within 100 Hz) station is also sending but such another station does not
exist.  I thought at first it might be a slight variation due to the
sender's frequency control but I have ruled that out as it occurs with a
number of different stations.  I can hear this mostly (or, maybe only) when
the signals are strong, S9 and beyond.

Does anyone else detect this or is it just me.  It is not really a bother
now that I am used to it but it seems to occur only when there is a slight
pause in the sending, such as break between words.

Comments?

73, phil, K7PEH