I am guessing this might be a DSP frequency decimation code bug - somehow
connected with the software AGC.  A job for Lyle and Wayne it would seem.  I
have not looked for the artifact and I have not noticed it on my own while
listening to TopBand DX in the noise.  I will pay more attention to
listening to strong stations.

73, Terry K4RX

Guy, K2AV wrote:

> I've listened for it and I don't hear it.  It's not going to be on
> everybody's radio.

Listening to WWV 15 WPM code practive on 1802.5 last night, CW-L, 500 Hz,
AGC-F and AFX On or Off, the dashes are slightly higher in audio pitch (i.e.
lower in RF frequency) than the dots.  It's easy to compare by listening to
your own code in the monitor, which does not have the issue.

This is not a big deal to me...just a curiosity but it's interesting that
others noticed it.

73,  Bill