Chuck,

I would wager that your K2 SN is less than 3000 and that your firmware
upgrade is 2.04R (the letter is significant)
If both those conditions are true, you will have to add the wiring to
the Control Board to change the sidetone source from U6 pin 25 to U8 pin 4.
The latest firmware no longer supports sidetone from U6-25.
The wire (and capacitor) to be added can be seen in the KIO2 manual or
the KPA100 manual (download from www.elecraft.com).  There is one delete
that must be made as well.
There should have been a note to that effect packed with your 2.04R
firmware upgrade.

If your K2 serial number is above 3000, then the board change should
already be present - do not do any deletes on the control board if the
K2 SN is above 3000 - unless you are adding the Keying Waveshape change.

73,
Don W3FPR