Chuck,

While both sidetone sources should be supported in 2.04P, go ahead and
make the change anyway.  Yes, make the cut on the trace ging between
U6-25 and Q5.  You will add 2 wires.  The one from U8-4 to Q5 (make
certain you do not put it on the R-PAK) is the one important for the
sidetone.  The long wire from U6 pin 25 and the capacitor is only used
for data communications, and will not be used unless you have either the
KIO2 or the KPA100, but add it anyway just for completeness.

After you make the change, the sidetone source will be only U8-4.  If
you added the inductor and the resistor for the sidetone waveshape
during the upgrade, check those components (and the trace cut) carefully
if the sidetone still does not work.

73,
Don W3FPR