Don Wilhelm-4 wrote:

> K3 Utility can send the ASCII in its terminal window, but I do not
> believe there is another PSK enabled application that will do the same.

KComm can send PSK31 from the keyboard using PSK-D (and RTTY using FSK-D)
since the K3 responds to the same KY commands that can be used to send CW
from the keyboard. There is still no convenient way to read the decoded text
back into the computer though, and I seem to recall noticing a new problem
(the details of which I have since forgotten) on transmit the last time I
tried it.

Since anyone who has a computer connected to the K3 almost certainly has a
sound card (or could easily install one) which would give far better PSK31
capabilities, it isn't a very useful facility and I don't blame Elecraft for
not giving much priority to the get decoded text feature. Though anyone who
uses the built-in CW decoder might find it handy to have more than a 7
character scrolling buffer available.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com