Gregg, at one time I had this problem with bandpass tuning on 40
meters.  I would get in touch with K3 support for guidance on touching
up bandpass filter tuning.  I don't believe I've ever seen tuning
instructions that published for a K3.  They told me what to turn and
in what order to flatten it out, though some might want to send the
radio in to have that aligned.  There was nothing missing, burned,
shorted or open on my unit. It has remained tuned since then.   73,
Guy.