Third person singular
*discretizes <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretizes>*

Simple past
*discretized <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretized>*

Past participle
*discretized <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretized>*

Present participle
*discretizing <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretizing>*

*to discretize* (/third-person singular simple present/ *discretizes
<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretizes>*, /present participle/
*discretizing <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretizing>*, /simple
past and past participle/ *discretized
<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discretized>*)

This is not a "New Age" word at all. It refers to a process which has
been taken from one with */continuous/* variables (variable capacitors,
roller inductors) to one in which the L,C components are fixed, but
relays switch from one discrete value to another, as in most automatic
antenna tuners. ATUs are not "discrete" (can any of them keep a secret?)
but rather "discretized" --  big difference. I think you need a new
dictionary.

My vocabulary training took place in a very conservative (not-quite)
one-room school house many many years ago. Although we didn't use "Horn
Books," we did practice Palmer Penmanship (which I hated). I graduated
from high school in 1950.

I might add that the "Fast Fourier Transform," which is so important in
communications and with which you are doubtless familiar, is a species
of DFT, "discretized Fourier Transform," where the integral sign of a
normal FT is replaced by a summation sign, and the signal is chopped up
into small but finite bits. To call it a "discrete" FT again risks
wondering about its ability to keep secrets.  ;-)

There doesn't seem to be a word that refers to the reverse process, but
it would be something like "continuous-ized" if it did exist (which it
doesn't, thankfully).

73,

JLR