I have a question about PSK31, sound cards and the K3.

I am currently set up to use my K3 with the LP-Pan for a pandapter
spectrum display on computer.  I am currently using a separate USB sound
card (E-Mu 0202) as the sound card for this interface.

Someone told me that using the same sound card for Panadapter and PSK31
would create problems.

While I know I could run the K3 directly to the computer using audio
in/out connections, using my computer's internal sound card also has
problems, from what I was told.

I am planning to use the K3 for some public service events and I was
hoping to include PSK31 as part of the process.  To do this everything
needs to be simple and reliable, we don't want to have to do a lot of
fiddling with equipment during the events.

It has been recommended to me that I get the SignaLink USB interface
because it is easy to work with and reliable.

Am I making this too complicated?  Or is it better to have two separate
independent USB sound cards to work things simultaneously?