wow - hand copying 40wpm? My hat is off to you hi hi. When I took my Extra
exam back in the early 90's, it was right at the limit of my ability to
scribble to copy down the text at 20wpm and you had to do a full 5 minutes
of it. My right arm was burning pretty good at the end of the tape...

Nowadays I just copy with my chin sitting in my hands even at speeds below
20wpm and jot down highlights.....

I just can't send worth a darn and I never have been able to master the
paddles; again at my Extra exam I was sooooo glad they'd long since changed
the rules and I wasn't going to have to send at 20wpm for 1 min with no
mistakes hi hi.
So I'll gladly give up the paddles for the keyboard on CW. I got to listen
to a great conversation on 40M last night between two gentlemen describing
350+ countries worked _while mobile_ using a couple of hamsticks. It was all
going on somewhere between 25 to 30wpm and I was having a great time
"reading the mail", but dismayed that I couldn't have joined in using just
my paddles. Yeah I know, practice practice hi hi. But soon as I get the
laptop working on the table, sorry, the Bencher is going in the bag with the
K2 for portable ops hi hi.

Still with PSK31, trying it out with cocoaModem, I find I can't keep the
buffer full. I can get ahead on simple plain language but throw some numbers
and punctuation in there and the buffer catches up pretty quick. 45 baud
RTTY is able to keep up with me no problem.

Anyway, OT I know...

73
LS
W5QD