I've seen this thread on every ham list I've read - goes on forever.

I always wonder - how does the K3 know which are the intake holes in the
cabinet and which are exhaust? The cool air comes in replacing the hot air,
right? ;-)

On tube transceivers, the finals may be oriented at the rear of the chassis
near the fan, so a pulling fan will bring the cool air to the finals first,
then that warmed air goes to the rest of the smaller tubes on the chassis.
Reverse the air flow, the finals dont get the room temp air first, the smaller
tubes on the chassis do. This -may- be important on some rigs, guess it
depends. I have the Drakes setup for exhaust.

K3 has these fins. I am going to take a poll with my fins and find out which
ones care about the direction of the air travelling across them. ;-)