Thanks folks...

Jim and Joe,

I see Edgeport 4 boxes for sale on ebay, versus Edgeport/4, not sure what or
if there is anything different between the versions. The Digi website didn't
help. The StarTech has basically the exact same specs, but Joe you suggest
that it won't work correctly for RTTY?

For basic sound, the onboard sound card will work fine, but doubt it would
be sufficient for SDR purposes.

I'm not willing to spend the time or money to build a custom computer. Ham
specs are bad enough, computer components specs are downright terrifying
considering how many variations there are... I don't mind an outboard port
box, much simpler solution...

Cheers,
Julius

-----