This is Elecraft's forum and they have the ultimate switch on these
things.  Having said that,  just to straighten up an injustice
here....

Name and call sign is not personal information, it is a matter of public record

There is no expectation of anonymity on this reflector.  This IS a HAM
reflector, and name/callsign in the usual places is appreciated, and
usually done without any thought.  Those who don't add name and
callsign simply stand out by the omission.

It does not take much research in the archives to see that a lot of
anonymous posts are trolls, which is why it grinds on so many.

There ARE what amount to technical arguments here, but the players all
have names and callsigns, and after a while perhaps there are familiar
takes on a given individual. People are who they are.  Nothing to
hide.

Someone called Don (W3FPR) rude.  Shows what they know.  There is not
a rude bone in Don's body, and even if there were, he probably has the
all-time record for nearly perfect technical assistance and no one on
the reflector (including the Elecraft principals added together) has
his online time helping reflectorees.  Beyond that he has an almost
insane patience with individuals in situations that to me scream RTFM.

If you somehow HAVE managed to get Don riled, you ARE over the line.

He should not have to defend himself.

My name is Guy, my call sign is K2AV, and if you don't like what I've
said you can tell ME about it without wondering who I really am.

73 all