$94 ?!

I have always loved my K2 in spite of the knob.

By the time a friend of mine told me about those neat little Yaesu
knobs that would fit the K2, that small stock had sold out never to be
replenished.  I think I maybe missed it by a day or something.

Ever since I have been looking for a knob replacement as my short
stubby fingers always seem to run on the edge of the tuning knob and a
contest's worth leaves little sensitive spots.  But I knew I was
simply not good enough with a grinder/sandpaper to take down the edge
without making the knob ugly.

Now a $94 knob shows up that is weighted and really looks good. This
is really a dilemma for a stingy, money-grubbing tightwad like me that
only spends money after six to twelve months of whining,
introspecting, and agonizing. Never a chance I'd buy a BMW.  A K3 is
justified because it will improve NY4A scores, help me hear EU QRP
basement noodle antenna types on 40, help support an American business
putting out superior technology, allow me to NOT buy/build a bigger
desk space to go SO2R, yada, yada.  But followed by months of guilt
over spending that much money on ANYTHING.  (This attitude IS good for
401k's, retirement annuities, etc.)

My shrink says I can give a $100 bill to a friend (proxy), have him
order it, and bring it to a PVRC club meeting in a plain brown
wrapper. He also asks since we have saved all that money for
retirement and I'm retired, am I ever going to spend any of it?

But that really DOES look good on a K2.  Support another American
cottage enterprise.  Time to invest in pulling out of the recession.
Black or Bronze?  Probably black.  $94?  (gak, choke, schnork, gnash,
mmmvff).

73, Guy.