I'm just embarking on a shack renovation so everything is disconnected at the
moment. While disconnecting the cables from my K3 which is an early model
S/N 222 I was reminded of an issue I have noticed over the past few months
concerning the sockets for line in / line out. They seem to be deteriorating
to the extent that one of them in particular the cable will just fall out of
the socket with the slightest persuasion. Often just fiddling with some of
the other cables is enough to result in a loss of data, which the first time
this happened resulted in a lot of time wasted trying to look for problems
on the computer side...

Has anyone else had trouble with these sockets? Are they user replaceable
using parts obtainable in the UK?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com