I agree with Don. Of the available choices for a computer interface in this
instance, RS-232 is probably still the best one. Or to put it more
realistically, it's the least miserable. Especially when dealing with truly
garbagey OS software like Windows... Oops, was that my outside voice
talking?

Fortunately, the Prolific chipset seems to work pretty good and I have heard
good reports on the FTDI adapters as well.

But IMO Elecraft is doing the right thing by staying out of the mess with
USB for now....

73,
LS
W5QD