Bill,

On 5/22/2010 1:48 PM, Bill W4ZV wrote:

> The only reason the K3 is ranked #1 is that it uses a narrower
> bandwidth (200 Hz) than the other two rigs to achieve the #1
> position.  Rob has this clearly footnoted but it still doesn't
 > seem right to me to list the K3 at the top based on footnotes.

I don't believe that the K3 is ranked number 1 only based on
footnotes.  Consider the 100 KHz blocking numbers, the better
wide spaced dynamic range, much lower MDS (without a preamp),
or better phase noise performance (vs. the Flex-5000) and the
K3 is overall a much better, more well balanced performer.

Some of the measures may not be important to a purely CW operator
in the US but 20KHz DR could certainly be important to a phone
contester and the 100 KHz blocking numbers are probably important
to someone in Europe who must deal with the horrendous broadcast
interference issues on 40 meters.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV