Mike,

That truncated pyramid should change as you move the HI/LO CUT or
SHIFT/WIDTH knobs.  In other words, it should respond to changes in the
DSP filter controls.  Set the K3 to SSB and if the HI/LO indicators are
not illuminated, push one of the two buttons in - then turn the HI CUT
knob counterclockwise.  The segments to the right should drop off as you
rotate the knob.

Then switch to the SHIFT/WIDTH display - rotate the shift knob and the
display should move left to right (no change in width), and rotate the
WIDTH knob to change the width - when you go counterclockwise, it should
go down to 50 Hz and the number of bars will be only two.

Yes, there is a lot of granularity to that display, but it still give a
good idea of the filter placement within the audio spectrum

73,
Don W3FPR